Meetings Cancelled

As per my post from last week, where I advised all local groups should consider whether it was necessary to have their planned meetings…

Today I am sure everyone is up to speed with The Prime Ministers latest information.

Posted in News | Comments Off on Meetings Cancelled

Are You A New Queen Street Surgery Patient – See Latest

Please see the latest advice given by NQS….
If your neighbours do not have ‘internet access’ please inform them…


Click on link below…there maybe issues with the link, depending on the browser you use…’Firefox’ or Internet Explorer…if this doesn’t work try Googling New Queen Street Surgery …I’ll investigate tomorrow..

https://www.thenewqueenstreetsurgery.co.uk/

Posted in Issues and Concerns, News | Comments Off on Are You A New Queen Street Surgery Patient – See Latest

Problems being created by Ourselves.

Sainsbury’s (Oxney Road) 10:30 this morning completely packed out, all check-outs working and there were 5/6 trollies at each check-out.
There were only a ‘few’ items that #appeared# to be in low levels…. Tinned Baked Beans, Tinned Pasta products and ‘Beer’

Picture below of ‘dozens’ waiting for Tesco’s in Wisbech to open this morning…

Posted in News | Comments Off on Problems being created by Ourselves.

News from the BBC – COVID-19

Coronavirus: Isolation for over-70s ‘within weeks’
Every Briton over the age of 70 will be told “within the coming weeks” to stay at home for an extended period to shield them from coronavirus, Health Secretary Matt Hancock says.

He told the BBC the advice will not come into force just yet but when it does it will last “a very long time”.
The government has faced pressure to do more to tackle the epidemic after the UK death toll rose to 21 on Saturday.

All deaths so far have been of people over 60 or with underlying conditions.
Over-70s – and younger people with certain health conditions – will need to remain at home and have groceries and vital medication delivered, the health secretary said.

Mr Hancock said people without symptoms would be able to visit older relatives and friends as long as they stayed two metres – or six feet – apart from them.
He said the NHS did not have enough ventilator machines to treat the numbers of people likely to become critically ill with the virus and said the government was urging a wartime-like response from manufacturers to produce them.

Car manufacturers, weapon makers and army suppliers will be asked to change their production lines to make ventilators.

The health service is to stop non-urgent surgery and implement a huge training programme to retrain medics from other specialisms to treat those who become seriously ill with the Covid-19 disease.
Hotels could be requisitioned to increase hospital bed space with retired doctors and nursing staff asked to go back to work.

“We will stop at nothing to fight this virus and I think people have got the impression otherwise,” Mr Hancock said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873

Posted in Issues and Concerns, News | Comments Off on News from the BBC – COVID-19

WTC Meeting – Wednesday 12th February 2020

Apologies for the delay – to advance/retard the page, ‘click’ on the bottom left corner ‘arrows’

Posted in News | Comments Off on WTC Meeting – Wednesday 12th February 2020

Who Are The Really Mean B!!!!!!s Nicking our Daffodils!

Briggate West late this after noon the vehicle registration noted…. earlier ‘Fishing’ seen stealing Daffodils…How mean…..Unfortunately I dare say The Police have other priorities at present.

Posted in News | Comments Off on Who Are The Really Mean B!!!!!!s Nicking our Daffodils!

PPG Meeting Postponed….

Message – New Queens Street Surgery – Patients Participation Group.

Due to the increased activity around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we have taken the decision to suspend all non-business critical meetings for the next 3 months. This includes all PPG meetings. This is in line with National NHSE and CCG approaches. This will help to ensure that people only visit the surgery when clinically required protecting the public and staff from unnecessary increased risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus

At present we are no more at risk than any other practice or organisation this is simply a preventative measure.”

Posted in News | Comments Off on PPG Meeting Postponed….

A605 – Kings Dyke News – Road Works

Posted in News | Comments Off on A605 – Kings Dyke News – Road Works

Meeting(s) Cancelled

Many have ask me different senerio’s of the CORVID-19 – I am just as reliant of the offical information being given by all different agencies and am happy to post any new developments as they happen.

Whittlesey Neighbourhood Watch have cancelled the next planned meeting – I might suggest that ‘ALL’ community groups carry out a ‘risk assessment’ as to whether their meetings are required or can be put on hold.

In light of the evolving circumstances surrounding the worldwide Coronavirus outbreak and recent government advice we have decided to cancel our next Whittlesey Neighbourhood Watch meeting on 23rd March.

It is prudent to put the protection of your health and well-being above the need to meet at this time. 
We are entering a period when Neighbourhood Watch coordinators will be a vital support to the professional agencies which may come under considerable pressure. You will be ideally placed in your communities to guide your neighbours through the next few weeks. To help you I am designing a help sheet which I hope will give you some consistent and fact checked advice on how to help your community and will send this out to you as soon as I have all the information I need.
As always our greatest strength is to work together. If you are unsure of how to deal with a situation please ask for advice. If we are not able to give an answer, we have excellent support from a number of professional agencies that we can refer to for help.
Kind Regards
Robin
Posted in News | Comments Off on Meeting(s) Cancelled

Corona Virus COVID-19

We are all living in an unprecedented period of time. All of us have to rely on our Governments offical expert advice and follow as best as possible.
As I posted yesterday – besides ourselves, we hopefully should be supporting our families, neighbours and friends.
Below is what the National NHW executive sent out to us earlier in the week.
The situation is serious, but panic and fake news will not help the situation.

NHW Encourages Protecting the Isolated and Vulnerable During the Covid 19 Outbreak

Dear Neighbourhood Watch supporters,

You will all be aware of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Neighbourhood Watch exists to look out for communities across England and Wales and at a time like this we encourage you to consider ways to keep yourself, your loved ones and those in your community safe, particularly the isolated and vulnerable. We are following the advice from the government and encourage you to do the same:
 https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response

10 ways you, as a Neighbourhood Watch supporter, can protect yourself, your loved ones and your community:

  1. Meet with household members, other relatives, friends and neighbours to discuss what to do if a COVID-19 outbreak occurs in your community and what the needs of each person will be.
  2. If your neighbourhood has a website or social media page, consider joining it to maintain access to neighbours, information, and resources. Alternatively, share phone numbers and email addresses particularly with those who are isolated or vulnerable.
  3. Consider establishing a ‘buddy’ system within your community to ensure everyone stays connected to COVID-19 related news, services and can receive support safely, such as essentials deliveries.
  4. Plan ways to care for those who might be at greater risk for serious complications. 
  5. Choose a room in your home that can be used to separate sick household members from those who are healthy. 
  6. Learn how to self-isolate. Guidance can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
  7. Create a list of local organisations that you and your neighbours can contact in the event that one of you need access to information, healthcare services, support, or resources. Consider including organisations that provide mental health or counselling services, food, and other supplies.
  8. Create an emergency contact list of family, friends, neighbours, healthcare providers, teachers, employers, the local public health department, and other community resources.
  9. Learn about the emergency operations plan at your child’s school or childcare facility, and your employer’s emergency operations plan.
  10. Practice everyday preventive actions including regular hand washing.
    1. The NHS provides guidance on how to wash hands: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/.  
    2. The World Health Organisation provides guidance on basic protective measures: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
    3. The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention provides guidance on handwashing for families https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/handwashing-family.html

Please note: whilst we encourage you to follow advice from UK Government we are also sharing links to organisations such as the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention an agency which works 24/7 to protect the safety, health, and security of America from threats here and around the world. Some of our key points above have been sourced from:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/get-your-household-ready-for-COVID-19.html.

The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention also published (14th February 2020) Interim Guidance for Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Homes and Residential Communities which you may find useful: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-prevent-spread.html.
 
Regards and keep well,
Central Support Team at Neighbourhood Watch

NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH NETWORK  | Building Safer and Stronger Communities
Email: enquiries@ourwatch.org.uk 

Follow us..
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ourwatch
Twitterhttps://twitter.com/N_watch
Websitewww.ourwatch.org.uk
Instagram: neighbourhood.watch.insta
LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/neighbourhood-watch/

Posted in Issues and Concerns, News | Comments Off on Corona Virus COVID-19

Brave Four Year Old Welcomed To the Force

The dreams of a four-year-old boy from Huntingdon have come true after he was made an honorary police officer.

Tyler Wellman was born with a rare, life-limiting brain condition called Lissencephaly, meaning his brain is missing most of the folds a normal brain uses to store information. As a result Tyler suffers from uncontrollable Epilepsy and is non-mobile, non-verbal and tube fed.

In January he underwent surgery to have a device put into his chest and neck to combat seizures, of which he has two to six clusters of 30-100 spasms in any given 24-hour period.
Tyler is completely dependent on his mum, Aimee, his doctors, therapists and carers.

“He has had hundreds of medical appointments in his life and somehow still manages to be happy and cheeky, with the only exception of when he wants something – but that’s the same for all kids!” said Aimee.

Yesterday (11 March), after hearing about Tyler’s inspirational battle with the illness and his passion for all things police, Chief Constable Nick Dean presented him with a helmet, certificate and a police badge.

Aimee recently set up a Just Giving page with a target of £8,000 to fund a sensory play area in their garden and a summerhouse to keep his physio equipment in.

Due to Tyler’s condition he is completely dependent on physiotherapy equipment which is bulky and take up a lot of space in our bungalow.” Aimee said.

“The bigger he gets, the smaller our home gets and at four foot tall already we’re slightly cramped!” 

After getting in touch with the force to see if there was anything that could be done to help her fundraising efforts and given his love for police, Mr Dean decided to crown Tyler as an honorary police officer.

“When I heard about Tyler’s heart-breaking condition and his love for police I wanted to make sure we gave him a memory that will last a lifetime.” said Mr Dean.

“At just four years old he has gone through an unthinkable amount and yet despite this, is one of the most positive people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He is an inspiration.”

Since launching the page six weeks ago, almost £2,700 has generously been donated towards a creating a much easier and happier life for Tyler.

If you’d like to find out more about Tyler and his condition, visit his Just Giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/aimeecp?utm_term=Rak7nWjZq

Message Sent By
Corporate Communications (Police,Communications Officer,Cambridgeshire)
Posted in News | Comments Off on Brave Four Year Old Welcomed To the Force

NHW Update – Be A Good Neighbour

The Prime Minister this afternoon urged the public to ‘look after their neighbours’ – It may not be necessary to actually visit them, a phone call will surfice.

Make sure they know how to access their medications, if they are unable to do their own shopping, see if relations are able to do so, perhaps even offer to do their shop online for them (I have).

From PCSO Jonathan Hall
I managed to have a break and took part in a community event in Whittlesey. It was rather pleasant in the early Spring Sunshine. This was in conjunction with our Neighbourhood Watch colleagues.
A few members of the public coming up for a chat on local issues. After the event we did conduct a Parking patrol in the town.

We are ALL guided by the Government’s advice and I am sure everyone is up-to-date with the latest news – there is no need for me to post anything.
On public events – again ‘we’ have to take onboard the advice we are being given.

I believe at this stage ALL groups should consult and carry out a ‘risk assessment’ as to whether to continue with an event or to cancel/postpone….

Posted in Issues and Concerns, News | Comments Off on NHW Update – Be A Good Neighbour